Covid Tier 4
Norfolk Scouts are still in RED, meaning that there must be no face-to-face Scouting for the moment. We will get up to speed again just as soon as the restrictions are relaxed a little.
Offering help form
We are always on the lookout for people to help either on an ad hoc or regular basis. Please contact the Group Scout Leader by email or complete the simple form below.
Details of our ethos and specific vacancies can be found here but everyone is welcome. We train adults too!
We will be delighted to hear from you!
Here are the options:
Want to do your bit but can't commit a lot of time.....
- Join the FOES (Friends of the Eighth) and help with ad-hoc social and fundraising events There are about 6 events through the year that need supporting.
- Join our BBQ team - supporting one of the section activities on the day or to help out at one of our fundraising events. You can help on one or more.
- Join the EPICs (Eighths Parents In Case) Parents who help at cubs, scouts or explorers occasionally, maybe once or twice each term by arrangement.
- Note- No DBS check required for these roles.
Want something a bit more fulfilling.....
- Cub Section Assistant (Monday or Tuesday evening 5-7pm) (Regluar parent help is urgently required for Tuesday evenings)
- Scout Section Assistant (Wednesday or Thursday evening 5:45 to 8:15pm)
- Explorer Section Assistant (Monday 7-9pm)
- Instruct in something specific e.g. sailing, paddling, biking, first aid, bushcraft
- Swimming sessions during the Michaelmas term - we urgently need life guards and parent support for Beaver, Cub, Scout and Explorer sessions.
Want to help behind the scenes.....
- Group Administrators (Non-scouter role) Help with admin jobs from home or from the HQ.
- Quartermaster and Assistant Quartermasters (Non-scouter roles) Help manage our fleet, equipment and buildings