Offering help form
We are always on the lookout for people to help either on an ad hoc or regular basis. Please contact the Group Scout Leader by email or complete the simple form below.
Details of our ethos and specific vacancies can be found here but everyone is welcome. We train adults too!
We will be delighted to hear from you!
Here are the options
Want to do your bit but cant commit a lot of time.....
- Join the FOES (Friends of the Eighth) and help with ad-hoc social and fundraising events There are about 6 events through the year that need supporting. You can help on one or more.
- Join the EPICs (Eighths Parents In Case) Parents who help at cubs, scouts or explorers occasionally, maybe once or twice each term by arrangement.
- (Note- No DBS check required for these roles)
Want something a bit more fulfilling.....
- Cub Section Assistant (Monday or Tuesday evening 5-7pm)
- Scout Section Assistant (Wednesday or Thursday evening 5:45 to 8:15pm)
- Explorer Section Assistant (Monday 7-9pm)
- Instruct in something specific e.g. sailing, paddling, biking, first aid, bushcraft
Want to help behind the scenes.....
- Group Administrators (Non-scouter role) Help with admin jobs from home or from the HQ.
- Quartermaster and Assistant Quartermasters (Non-scouter roles) Help manage our fleet, equipment and buildings